The following incidents were reported by the WCC Campus Safety and Security from November 19 – December 10, 2015
On Dec. 2, a case of vandalism was reported in the LA building. The vandalism occurred on a bathroom stall door and included an exchange of messages. The custodial department was notified.
On Dec. 3, between 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m. it was noted that a mouse and keyboard were missing from a macintosh computer that belonged to the school, in the computer commons of the GM building.
Weapons law violations
On Dec. 3, students saw what they thought to be a hand gun in a students possession between 6 p.m.-7:25 p.m. in the GM building. The student admitted it was a hand gun and college sanctions were taken against him.
Hit and run
On Dec. 4, between 9 a.m.-1 p.m. a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica was discovered by the owner to be damaged on the passenger side tail light lens. Whoever damaged the car left a note for the owner. The incident occurred in the lot in front of the OE building.
Campus Safety Tips
General Safety Guidelines:
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings
- Avoid isolated areas
- Try to avoid walking alone at night. Walk with friends when possible
- Call Campus Safety (734) 973-3411 or 3411 from one of college house phones for an escort if needed
- Notify Campus Safety immediately of suspicious or criminal activity
- If an emergency arises – a serious health issue, a crime, or any situation in which you feel endangered, contact Campus Safety. There are phones located in all buildings across campus, as well as in several key areas outside
If Walking Alone:
- Keep your mind on your surroundings, who’s in front of you and who’s behind you. Don’t get distracted
- Walk purposefully, stand tall, and make eye contact with people around you
- TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. If you feel uncomfortable in a situation, leave